Background

Sunday, July 16, 2017

Beach Day 3 & The Village of Baytowne

I realized that in the future our room must be right.on.the.beach.  Since we booked last minute, we had to stay in a hotel right across the street from the actual beach itself.  We could see the ocean from our room but it just wasn't the same as being able to walk out on your balcony and hear and smell the ocean.  We of course managed the short walk to the actual beach but I know next year we'll have even more to carry and so I will start planning farther in advance to make sure we have all the necessary accommodations. 
Little miss was all set with her beach gear!
She loooooved playing in the ocean and riding the waves.  
After a day on the beach, we went to Pompano Joe's for dinner.  I believe it has the same owners as The Back Porch so we felt like it would be yummy as well.  It was also located right on the beach so Nora was able to run and play while we waited for a table.

And they also had a bar to get drinks while you waited.  I had a virgin (of course) pina colada and this gal stole the cherry on top!
We had another amazing view during dinner!
After dinner we went to The Village of Baytowne Wharf.  My friend mentioned that we should go there and when I started looking into it, I realized I had been many many moons ago!  It's such a neat place.  There were things (such as the carousel seen below) for the kids, shops, live music, and restaurants.  
Nora flipped out about the race car on the carousel.  
We enjoyed walking around the little village and did some shopping in a children's boutique where I picked up something for baby brother
and Nora added another dog to her stuffed animal collection.  She named him Duke and they shared gelato.
More fun exploring the village
Vacationing is so much fun with a two year old.  I'm serious, it's a lot of work and exhausting but to see her having soooo much fun constantly is worth it!




No comments: